Departure Lounge Brings Your Video to Life in the Metaverse
The Metaverse is taking shape in many ways, with drastically different vendors offering tools and resources to help companies tap into this futuristic venue. One company that is focusing on 4D video to enhance virtual reality experiences is Departure Lounge.
Who is Departure Lounge?
Departure Lounge is a Vancouver, Canada-based company staffed by a team of creative, passionate people with diverse backgrounds in technology and business development.
The company’s mission is to provide a wide range of innovative tools and resources to companies that want to access the Metaverse and bring immersive experiences to their audiences.
Recently Departure Lounge added renowned real estate developer Monica Morgan as its VP of Real Estate and Projects. Her addition to the team will help the company advance further into real estate opportunities and high-tech solutions within the Metaverse.
Departure Lounge was acquired by AMPD Ventures Inc. in December 2021 but operates as an independent entity while benefiting from its parent company’s cloud and compute solutions.
Departure Lounge Innovative Tools and Technologies
Departure Lounge has developed a suite of tools and resources designed to easily transport humans and things into and out of the Metaverse.
The company’s technologies focus on the live capture of performances, advanced motion, facial expressions, and object scanning. They employ industry-leading capture technologies to facilitate the best Metaverse experiences.
Departure Lounge has partnered with leading 4D holographic capture pioneers Metastage Inc. and even opened their own Metastage studio in Vancouver in Spring 2022.
Metastage uses 4D holographic capture for blended-reality performances. It entails turning human performances into 3D models that customers can use for real-time movie production, video games, and mobile applications.
What is Metastage?
Metastage is a robust platform built upon the industry’s most viable holographic capture pipeline. It is extensible and can meet the needs of any client.
Using live 3D capture technology, Metastage creates impactful sports, music, fashion, and marketing events.
Authentic human performances strengthen XR simulations and improve storytelling. The Metaverse comes alive when you overlay real people in original performances on top of diverse settings. Training simulations are a great example of how you can use Metastage to capture real-world scenarios and life-or-death situations for training purposes.
Another excellent example of this technology is TV and movie producers using VFX workflows or in-game engines like Unreal to integrate 3D performances into existing shots or add background characters to scenes.
Some real-world examples of how customers are using this technology include:
Breonna’s Garden – Users can explore a fanciful garden environment while sharing messages of hope and healing.
AR Proposal – Capture your marriage proposal or other milestones like never before. Using Metastage technology, you can overlay your event on any background you want. It works in both augmented and virtual reality environments.
Finding Magic Mike – HBO recently launched a reality show called Finding Magic Mike. In coordination with the show, HBO also launched an AR application allowing fans to view “private” dances from actual contestants on the show.
Snapchat Halloween Filter – To celebrate the newest chapter in the Halloween movie franchise, Snapchat offers a Michael Myers mask for users to interpose over their own faces for selfies.
Charli XCX and Samsung’s Galaxy Buds2 Tik Tok Commercial – Metastage teamed up with R/GA to create a unique holographic animated commercial to promote Samsung’s new Galaxy Buds 2.
Departure Lounge offers turnkey Web 3.0 solutions and consultancy. Tap into the powerful blockchain and use it for your Metaverse applications to monetize your digital assets and offerings. They support DeFi, NFTs, Web 3.0, and other Metaverse technologies. The Departure Lounge team can help any business turn its ideas into virtual reality in the Metaverse. Choose from industry-standard solutions to customized applications.
Using various cutting-edge technologies, Departure Lounge is creating mixed reality content for both large and small brands. Some of the creative solutions you can expect from Departure Lounge are:
- Virtual production specialists to help with all types of video and mixed reality content.
- Concept artists help with ideation.
- VFX artists to assist you with VFX production.
- Realtime Development for Games, 3D visualization, VR/AR, and NFT creation.
The company can help clients develop any type of mixed reality assets and help deploy them. Using a robust backbone of low-latency cloud and compute services, you can create any kind of Metaverse experience for your customers.
Departure Lounge Partners
Along with Metastage, Departure Lounge has contracted with other strategic partners to provide full-service solutions to its clients. Some of the partners include:
- AMPD Technologies – Provides high-end cloud and compute solutions for high-speed development and deployment applications.
- ARWall – Offers turnkey solutions for virtual production and XR for the entertainment technology industry. In addition, the company offers mixed and augmented reality solutions, iterative experiences, and location-based amusements.
- Movie.ai – Offers patent-pending markerless motion capture technology for smooth, seamless human performances that can be used with any camera and deployed in any environment.
- Order Inbox – A Metaverse social commerce platform where buyers and sellers meet to swap digital assets (music, art, NFTs, fashion, game assets, intellectual and digital property) using Blockchain technology.
- Shopcap Entertainment – Creates blended reality video combining visual effects with human performances.
- House of Kebaa – Are experts with NFT creation, promotion, and deployment and help clients realize their NFT goals.
- Play Channel is a company devoted to developing the world’s most immersive, enjoyable, rich, and detailed games.
- Revery Architecture Inc. – Is an award-winning, Vancouver-based architectural firm specializing in interior design for Metaverse applications.
Departure Lounge’s strategic partnerships allow them to offer well-rounded solutions to serve any industry project. In addition, they offer customized assistance along with turnkey solutions.
How to Take Your Video to the Next Level
Whether your company is looking to host live events, training seminars, or use video to promote your brand, Departure Lounge has the background, expertise, and technologies to take your video to the next level within the Metaverse.
Contact us today to learn more about this exciting company and how it can help advance your virtual reality solutions with video.